With the following data protection declaration, we would like to inform you about the types of your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as "data") that we process, for what purposes and to what extent. The data protection declaration applies to all processing of personal data carried out by us, both as part of the provision of our services and in particular on our websites, in mobile applications and within external online presences, such as our social media profiles (hereinafter collectively referred to as "online offer").
The terms used are not gender specific.
Status: 13. July 2021
- Person responsible
- Overview of processing
- Relevant legal bases
- Security measures
- Transmission of personal data
- Data processing in third countries
- Data erasure
- Provision of the online offer and web hosting
- Rights of the data subjects
Overview of processing
The overview below summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing, and refers to the data subjects.
Types of data processed
- Inventory data (e.g., names, addresses).
- Content data (e.g. entries in online forms).
- Contact information (e.g., email, phone numbers).
- Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times).
Categories of persons concerned
- Communication partner.
- Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Provision of our online offer and user-friendliness.
- Direct marketing (e.g. by e-mail or postal mail).
- Contact requests and communication.
Relevant legal bases
The following is an overview of the legal basis of the GDPR on the basis of which we process personal data. Please note that in addition to the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations may apply in your or our country of residence or domicile. If, in addition, more specific legal bases are relevant in individual cases, we will inform you of these in the data protection declaration.
- Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO) - The data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for a specific purpose or purposes.
- Contractual performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO) - The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject.
- Rightful interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) - Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing, as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
The measures include, in particular, safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as the access, input, transfer, safeguarding of availability and its separation. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subjects' rights, the deletion of data, and responses to data compromise. Furthermore, we take the protection of personal data into account as early as the development or selection of hardware, software and processes in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
Transmission of personal data
In the course of our processing of personal data, it may happen that the data is transferred to or disclosed to other bodies, companies, legally independent organizational units or persons. The recipients of this data may include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such cases, we comply with the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude appropriate contracts or agreements that serve to protect your data with the recipients of your data.
Data processing in third countries
If we process data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA)) or the processing takes place in the context of the use of third-party services or the disclosure or transfer of data to other persons, entities or companies, this will only be done in accordance with the legal requirements.
Subject to express consent or contractually or legally required transfer, we only process or have data processed in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation through so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, in the presence of certifications or binding internal data protection regulations (Art. 44 to 49 DSGVO, information page of the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_de).
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as their consents permitted for processing are revoked or other permissions cease to apply (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data has ceased to apply or it is not required for the purpose).
If the data is not deleted because it is required for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing is limited to these purposes. I.e., the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law or whose storage is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person.
Our privacy notices may also contain further information on the retention and deletion of data, which will take precedence for the respective processing operations.
Cookies are text files that contain data from visited websites or domains and are stored by a browser on the user's computer. A cookie is primarily used to store information about a user during or after his visit within an online offer. Stored information may include, for example, language settings on a website, login status, a shopping cart, or where a video was watched. The term cookies also includes other technologies that perform the same functions as cookies (e.g., when user information is stored using pseudonymous online identifiers, also known as "user IDs").
The following cookie types and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the interests of users used for range measurement or marketing purposes can be stored in such a cookie.
- First-party cookies: First-party cookies are set by ourselves.
- Third-party cookies (also: third-party cookies): Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or absolutely necessary) cookies: Cookies may be absolutely necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user inputs or for security reasons).
Duration of storage: If we do not provide you with explicit information about the duration of storage of permanent cookies (e.g. in the context of a so-called cookie opt-in), please assume that the storage period can be up to two years.
Verarbeitung von Cookie-Daten auf Grundlage einer Einwilligung: Wir setzen ein Verfahren zum Cookie-Einwilligungs-Management ein, in dessen Rahmen die Einwilligungen der Nutzer in den Einsatz von Cookies, bzw. der im Rahmen des Cookie-Einwilligungs-Management-Verfahrens genannten Verarbeitungen und Anbieter eingeholt sowie von den Nutzern verwaltet und widerrufen werden können. Hierbei wird die Einwilligungserklärung gespeichert, um deren Abfrage nicht erneut wiederholen zu müssen und die Einwilligung entsprechend der gesetzlichen Verpflichtung nachweisen zu können. Die Speicherung kann serverseitig und/oder in einem Cookie (sogenanntes Opt-In-Cookie, bzw. mithilfe vergleichbarer Technologien) erfolgen, um die Einwilligung einem Nutzer, bzw. dessen Gerät zuordnen zu können. Vorbehaltlich individueller Angaben zu den Anbietern von Cookie-Management-Diensten, gelten die folgenden Hinweise: Die Dauer der Speicherung der Einwilligung kann bis zu zwei Jahren betragen. Hierbei wird ein pseudonymer Nutzer-Identifikator gebildet und mit dem Zeitpunkt der Einwilligung, Angaben zur Reichweite der Einwilligung (z. B. welche Kategorien von Cookies und/oder Diensteanbieter) sowie dem Browser, System und verwendeten Endgerät gespeichert.
- Types of data processed: Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO), Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
Provision of the online offer and web hosting
In order to provide our online offer securely and efficiently, we use the services of one or more web hosting providers from whose servers (or servers managed by them) the online offer can be accessed. For these purposes, we may use infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, as well as security services and technical maintenance services.
The data processed as part of the provision of the hosting offer may include all information relating to the users of our online offer, which is generated as part of the use and communication. This regularly includes the IP address, which is necessary to be able to deliver the contents of online offers to browsers, and all entries made within our online offer or from websites.
Collection of access data and log files: We ourselves (or our web hosting provider) collect data on each access to the server (so-called server log files). The server log files may include the address and name of the web pages and files accessed, date and time of access, data volumes transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page) and, as a rule, IP addresses and the requesting provider.
The server log files may be used, on the one hand, for security purposes, e.g., to prevent server overload (especially in the case of abusive attacks, so-called DDoS attacks) and, on the other hand, to ensure the utilization of the servers and their stability.
- Types of data processed: Content data (e.g. entries in online forms), usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: Provision of our online offer and user friendliness.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
When contacting us (e.g. by contact form, e-mail, telephone or via social media), the information of the inquiring persons is processed to the extent necessary to respond to the contact requests and any requested measures.
The response to contact requests in the context of contractual or pre-contractual relationships is made in order to fulfill our contractual obligations or to respond to (pre)contractual inquiries and otherwise on the basis of legitimate interests in responding to the inquiries.
- Types of data processed: Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses), contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g. entries in online forms).
- People Affected: Communication Partner.
- Purposes of processing: Contact requests and communication.
- Legal basis: Contract performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO), Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
If we provide addresses and contact information of companies and organizations in this privacy statement, please note that the addresses may change over time and please check the information before contacting us.
Rights of the data subjects
As a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Art. 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) or (f) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of such marketing; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right of revocation for consents: You have the right to revoke granted consents at any time.
- Right of access: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether data in question is being processed and to information about this data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: In accordance with the law, you have the right to request that the data concerning you be completed or that the inaccurate data concerning you be rectified.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right, in accordance with the law, to request that data relating to you be deleted immediately or, alternatively, in accordance with the law, to request restriction of the processing of the data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format in accordance with the legal requirements, or to request its transfer to another responsible party.
- Complaint to supervisory authority: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the requirements of the GDPR.
- Personenbezogene Daten: “Personenbezogene Daten“ sind alle Informationen, die sich auf eine identifizierte oder identifizierbare natürliche Person (im Folgenden “betroffene Person“) beziehen; als identifizierbar wird eine natürliche Person angesehen, die direkt oder indirekt, insbesondere mittels Zuordnung zu einer Kennung wie einem Namen, zu einer Kennnummer, zu Standortdaten, zu einer Online-Kennung (z.B. Cookie) oder zu einem oder mehreren besonderen Merkmalen identifiziert werden kann, die Ausdruck der physischen, physiologischen, genetischen, psychischen, wirtschaftlichen, kulturellen oder sozialen Identität dieser natürlichen Person sind.
- Controller: A "controller" is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Verarbeitung: “Verarbeitung” ist jeder mit oder ohne Hilfe automatisierter Verfahren ausgeführte Vorgang oder jede solche Vorgangsreihe im Zusammenhang mit personenbezogenen Daten. Der Begriff reicht weit und umfasst praktisch jeden Umgang mit Daten, sei es das Erheben, das Auswerten, das Speichern, das Übermitteln oder das Löschen.